How Visiting Caregivers LLC is keeping clients safe amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Keeping our most vulnerable population safe during this period of uncertainty is our priority. Visiting Caregivers LLC is committed to providing the highest standard of care to our clients who trust us with the care of their loved ones. We feel it is important to provide you with information about the measures that we are taking to help keep our clients safe and healthy during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
Due to COVID-19 concerns, we have taken proactive steps to provide supplemental training to our Visiting Caregivers LLC staff on the following topics:
- Hand hygiene standards.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) use (masks, gloves, etc.).
- Blood-borne pathogen standards and safety protocols.
- Coronavirus overview from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Through our mobile plan of care technology, our professional caregiving staff are directly connected to a Registered Nurse at all times.
- Caregiving staff are trained to watch for signs that your loved one’s condition may be changing due to a new illness or complication or an ongoing health condition.
- Upon observing these changes, they will immediately log this into the client’s file alerting the nurse in real time. This is especially critical with the long incubation period associated with COVID-19.
In addition, we recommend the COVID-19 prevention tips for you and your loved ones to support infection control:
- Practice frequent and effective hand hygiene and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Prohibit visitors who are not essential to be in the home.
- Clean all high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, toilets, phones, tablets, and bedside tables every day according to the label instructions on the household cleaning product.
For more information, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at https://www.cdc.gov/